At The Future of Global Health: PHRI’s 20th Anniversary Symposium, held November 2019, a total of 16 presenters from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America covered a wide range of health issues – from an review of the last half century by population health research titan, Sir Richard Peto, to the decades ahead, with advanced data analytics and technology, by Robert Califf, now with Google Health.
Other topics covered at the PHRI 20th Anniversary Symposium included:
- The environment and health
- Brain health: stroke and cognition
- The lower-cost polypill to improve CVD prevention globally
- Integrated health systems
- Neglected diseases in Africa
- Personalized medicine’s role in CVD prevention and treatment
- Influenza and the heart
- Rethinking a healthy diet
- A new perioperative paradigm, and much more.