The 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, happening online October 20 – 23, involves several PHRI researchers, including the recipient of a prestigious award.
Wednesday, October 20
- 8:30 pm EDT – PHRI Senior Scientist PJ Devereaux will be presented with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)/Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS) Distinguished Lecturer Award in Cardiovascular Sciences.
Thursday, October 21
- 10:00-11:115 am EDT – PHRI Senior Scientist Salim Yusuf is one of the presenters and panelists of the CCS/ESC Joint Plenary: Climate and CV medicine.
- 11:05-11:50 am EDT – PHRI Scientist Harriet Van Spall co-presents on Bridging the sex and gender gap in cardiovascular research.
- 11:05-11:50 am EDT – PHRI Scientist Richard Whitlock co-presents on Dealing with perioperative catastrophes: how to think like a surgeon.
- 1:35-2:20 pm EDT – PHRI Investigator Emilie Belley-Cote co-presents on Neuroprognostication in the post cardiac arrest patient: A CCS / Canadian Neurocritical Care Society position statement.
- 1:35-2:20 pm EDT – PHRI Scientist Jason Roberts co-presents in Cardiogenetics workshop: challenging clinical cases for the cardiologist; then at 4:05 pm EDT on Management of patients with prolonged QT interval.
- 3-4 pm EDT: PJ Devereaux gives the CIHR/CCS Lecture, with panel discussion.
- 3-4 pm EDT – PHRI Scientist Michael McGillion co-chairs the CJC Plenary: Impact of new digital technologies in cardiology.
- 4:05-4:50 pm EDT – PHRI Senior Scientist Sonia Anand co-chairs Implicit bias: Understanding it and developing strategies to reduce its impact.
- 5:20-6:20 pm EDT – Sonia Anand co-chairs Peripheral artery disease: Building the foundation for better patient care.
Friday, October 22
- 10:00-11:00 am EDT – PHRI Senior Scientist Eva Lonn co-presents on How to optimally manage dyslipidemia and CV risk in 2021: Review of the updated CCS guidelines.
- 3:00-4:00 pm EDT – Sonia Anand is one of the presenters and panelists of the CCS/ACC Joint Plenary: EDI in CV medicine and CV care.
Follow #CCCongress on Twitter to stay up to date on the event as it happens.