The much-anticipated results of the Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion-3 (LAAOS III) multinational trial will be presented by PHRI Scientist Richard Whitlock at the ACC.21 virtual conference.
On Saturday, May 15, 9:30 am ET, he will present LAAOS III findings in Session 402-12: Joint ACC/JACC Late-Breaking Clinical Trials, on May 15, 9:30 am ET.
On Sunday, May 16, 5:15 pm ET, Rich Whitlock will participate in Session 408 – Deep Dive I – the LAAOS III study.
Other PHRI Researchers at ACC 21
- PJ Devereaux: Current and emerging strategies to reduce risk of ischemic complications, part of “Session 610 – Preoperative care for noncardiac surgery: Emerging strategies and ongoing controversies,” May 15, 9:25 am ET.
- Salim Yusuf: BP management around the world: how do you make the most of limited options 628-0, part of “Hypertension guidelines: Do they vary across the world as much as my blood pressure has today? A “global health spoken here” session, May 15, 12:39 pm ET.
- Shamir Mehta: For best results in ACS PCI: treat upstream, Session 754-07, May 15, 8:00 am ET, part of the “Should we tailor antiplatelet treatment for PCI?” debate.
- Salim Yusuf: Global changes in diet: does it impact cardiovascular disease? Session 719-08, part of the “Getting to the root of dietary effects” session on May 15, 8:00-9:45 am ET.
- Harriette Van Spall: Pathophysiology of HFpEF 101, and 2017 ACC/AHA/HFSA focused update of the 2013 ACC/AHA HF guideline, both part of the Core Knowledge in Action: What everyone ought to know about HFpEF session, May 15, 4:45 pm ET.