A session on “Polypill and Fixed Dose Combination Strategies: How to Act upon the Accumulated Evidence” will be held at the 19th Global Cardiovascular Clinical Trialists (CVCT) Forum in Washington, DC on December 1, 2022, 4:00 – 6:00 pm ET.
Chaired by PHRI’s Executive Director, Salim Yusuf, and PHRI Senior International Fellow Clara Chow, the session will include:
- History of the polypill and its essential role in global CVD prevention: Salim Yusuf
- The evidence so far: Summary of trials of the polypill in primary prevention: Philip Joseph, PHRI Investigator
- Summary of trials of the polypill in secondary prevention: Jose Castellano (Madrid, ESP)
- Statistical viewpoint: Jan Tijssen (Narrden, NED)
- Cost effectiveness of the polypill: PHRI Scientist André Lamy
- Potential global Impact of the polypill and role of the polypill in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030 goals: Tom Gaziano (Boston, USA)
- Can fixed dose combination improve adherence and prevent unnecessary deaths from cardiovascular disease?: Clara Chow (Sydney, AUS)
- World Heart Federation strategy for advocacy of the polypills/FDC for global CVD prevention: Fausto Pinto (Lisbon, PRT)
- Would polypills help with heart failure therapy implementation?: Ambarish Pandey (Dallas, TX, USA)
- Industry viewpoint: Roberto Álvarez (Ferrer, ESP), Samuele Doratori (Servier, FRA)
- Polypill and fixed dose combination approvability issues: Rosalyn Adigun (FDA, USA)
- Patient’s viewpoint: Steve Macari (Poitiers, FRA)
- Panelists will also include: Rahul Agrawal (Cardior, CHE); Tomas Andersson (AstraZeneca, SWE), Guiomar Mendieta Badimon (CVCT Future trialist, Madrid, ESP); Issa Dahabreh (Boston, USA); Patrice Desvigne-Nickens (NHLBI, USA), Joao Ferreira (Porto, PRT), Lawrence Fine (NHLBI, USA); Lars Johansson (Antaros, SWE); Matthew Lee (CVCT Future trialist, Glasgow, UK); Ciaran McMullan (Merck, USA); Reza Mohebi (Boston, USA), Pieter Muntendam (G3P, USA); Ambarish Pandey (Dallas, TX, USA); Paul Ridker (Boston, MA, USA), Robert Temple (FDA, USA), Jan Tijssen (Narrden, NED), Faiez Zannad (Paris, FRA).