Your skills and experience are needed in the contracts department of a large, leading health research institute. Join a close, dynamic team and help make a real difference in global health outcomes. This is a temporary (20 month) full-time position, based in Hamilton, Ontario and eligible for hybrid work.
As a Contracts Specialist, you will…
- Manage and process a high volume of complex research contracts with global partners in more than 100 countries
- Work on a great variety: clinical trial agreements; service contracts; licensing; research collaboration; data usage; and funding agreements
- Review, draft, analyze and negotiate contract terms with academic institutions, healthcare organizations, funders, and industry partners
- Provide guidance on legal obligations and potential risk exposure to researchers and study team, in consultation with Legal Counsel and Director of Contracts
- Participate in developing negotiations strategies, review tools and policies for contract lifecycle management
Requirements: Law degree or undergraduate degree with at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in understanding, interpreting, negotiating and drafting agreements. Experience in, or in-depth exposure to, academic research, university, hospital and/or clinical trial research environment.
This is a Hamilton Health Sciences full-time, temporary (20 month) posting: 37.5 hours/week Monday through Friday, based in Hamilton, Ontario (eligible for hybrid remote work).
For more job details, and how to apply, go to Job Number 107886.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 11:59 pm ET.
Operational Excellence that Supports World-Leading Research – Join PHRI