Bring your communications skills and experience to this role amplifying the excellent work of the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) at local, national, and international levels! We are seeking a self-starter with strong writing and editing proficiency, as well as integrated marketing experience in all forms of internal and external communications, with a particular focus on digital.
As our Communications Specialist, you will…
- Lead both internal and external communications for both staff and researchers, strategically integrating various digital platforms.
- Maintain the PHRI.ca website in all its elements, including but not limited to, the creation and posting of several news articles each month; recent publications (added to regularly); and careers section.
- Grow presence and drive engagement at PHRI’s social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Create and distribute regular newsletters to external and internal audiences.
- Offer writing/communications coaching support to staff in all departments as requested.
- Lead or support special projects, such as print and/or digital reports of PHRI research, as needed.
- Write media releases in collaboration with PHRI researchers and with communications colleagues at McMaster University’s Faculty of Health Sciences and at Hamilton Health Sciences
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in communications, science or clinical research; 5+ years’ experience in healthcare communications; 1+ year in digital media; proven experience in communications and knowledge translation, preferably with a science/research based industry; advanced proficiency in WordPress.
This is a regular, full-time role, with 37.5 hours a week, based in Hamilton, Ontario and eligible for hybrid (remote + in-person) working arrangement.
For more details, including pay range, visit: Job Number 107418.
Apply by Tuesday, August 22, 2023 11:59 pm ET.